There comes a time when your roof has to be replaced.
When should you do it? And most importantly, how much does it cost?
Before we get to that, let’s see when you should replace your roof and what can impact the cost of your roof replacement in Calgary.
Why Replace Your Roofing in Calgary?
There are several key reasons why you should replace your current roof, including:
- The age of the roof (after 20 years is usually the point that roofs might need to be replaced)
- Hail damage in Calgary (extensive hail damage can result in a new roof)
- Shingles damage (such as cracked, shifted, missing or lifted shingles are a sign that you need to replace them)
- Leaky roof (if the roof is damaged, a new roof can aid issues)
- Costly Calgary roof repairs (undergoing continuous repairs, may prove too expensive over the long term. A roof replacement is more valuable then)
What Impacts The Cost of A Roof Replacement in Calgary?
Several factors impact the final cost of a roof replacement in Calgary, including the following:
The Roof Size & Pitch
Simple mathematical calculations here: the bigger your roof, the more it will cost you. Not only will it increase the number of materials, but also the work required to replace your old roof.
The roof’s pitch will impact the final price, as the steeper the roof, the more difficult the work will be. This part will add more steps and time to your project, thereby raising labour costs.
The Labour Costs
On top of paying for the materials, the cost will also cover the labour of the workers. A roof replacement in Calgary is not an easy project to undertake. There is a lot of work involved, a systematic step-by-step process (such as the removal of the old roof), and of course, there could be issues that can delay time and require more work.
Before any work starts, it is advisable to speak to a roofing company in Calgary about labour cost, what happens if there are any issues and expected final prices. Having a final estimate is valuable for your budget.
The Quality of the materials
The materials that you choose will have the most significant impact on your roof replacement. That’s due to the standard of the materials and the benefits that come with them.
Asphalt shingles, for example, are known for their durability, style and value. You can save thousands on the roof if you select them instead of slate roofs, which are expensive but are considered the highest-quality option on the market. The same applies to wood and cedar shakes, which are pricey, but that’s because they can last between 30 to 40 years, compared to significantly cheaper metal roofs.
Choosing the material will impact the overall cost of your roof replacement.
The Cost of Calgary Roof Replacement
Home Guide states that the average costs for a new roof in Calgary, based on its materials, are:
- New asphalt shingles will cost between $5,400 and $9,000. Homestars also backs this claim up, stating that low-end asphalt roofs cost $2,000 and high-end costing $11,000.
- A new metal roof is $11,000, with most homeowners spending between $7,858 and $14,412. Homestars provide similar rates, suggesting the average is roughly $10,365.
- Wood or cedar shake roofing is between $12,000 and $16,000, or $800 per square.
- Slate Roofs cost of between $22,200 to $37,000 with an average of $1,480 per square.
- Concrete tiles are $1,500 per square price, with the average installation costing $22,500 to $30,000 for a new roof.
You also have to add in the costs of the job itself. Home Guide states that a “roof installation cost ranges from $400 to $550 per square depending on the roof size and materials used“.
Active Exteriors has one mission: to provide the highest quality roofing in Calgary at competitive prices while satisfying our customers’ needs. We have established ourselves as Calgary’s go-to roofing contractors through our industry-setting levels of professionalism, integrity, and fairness. Offering roof replacement and repairs, siding repairs, installation and exterior renovations in Calgary is not just a job for us; it’s a matter of pride. You’ll experience workmanship that is well worth the value and will transform your property. Contact your trusted roofing company in Calgary at 403-717-0515