Hailstorms can strike fast and hard, resulting in your home’s roof or exteriors being severely damaged. You’ll find poor insulation, higher energy bills and reduced curb appeal and value are some of the effects of hail damage.
Getting immediate hail damage repairs in Calgary is necessary for lowering potential costly damages and repairs in the future. But how much will the project cost you?
We break down the potential costs of hail damage roof repairs by considering factors, the process and how insurance can help you.
Guide To Hail Damage Repair Costs in Calgary
Initial Assessment Before Costing
You cannot begin any hail damage repairs unless you hire a certified Calgary roofing contractor to undertake a diagnosis.
After a hailstorm, it is best to take pictures of damages that you can directly see (no climbing on the roof!) and then contacting the roofer.
The roofing professional will inspect the roof and exteriors of your home to determine the extent of the damage and the likely cost of the project.
At the same time, while this is occurring, it’s best to get in touch with your insurance company. Roof insurance claims can be stressful, but if you want to save money with the project you’ll need to get this process started sooner rather than later.
What Impacts the Cost?
Several factors can impact the overall cost of hail damage repairs in Calgary, including:
The extent of the damage and the work required
- The more damaged the roof and the exteriors, the more work is required, the more it will cost you. The damage could be as minor as some repairs, or it could be as big as a replacement project.
The materials of the roof and exteriors
- The quality and materials of your roof and exteriors will have a great impact on the final price. The better your material, the more the replacement cost will be.
The labour costs
- The Calgary roofing contractor will charge their own rates when it comes to the work. Their costs will be impacted by their experience, the timeframe of the job and the requirements of the project.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover the Cost Of Repair?
Remember before when we mentioned that you should contact your insurance company? Well, it’s important that you do – it can make a difference to your finances.
If you have homeowner insurance, you should double-check if you have roof and hail storm coverage, which should cover any damage that happened beyond your control. If so, you can expect them to cover most of the repair or replacement cost.
If you are stressed about handling the complex nature of roof repairs itself, consider speaking to a roofing contractor that offers a roof insurance claim service to help you with your claim.
Average Cost of Hail Damage Repair in Calgary
List below are some examples of what the average cost of hail damage repairs:
- Home Guide states that “the average costs for a new roof in Calgary, based on its materials, ranges from $5,400 and $9,000 for asphalt shingles, $7,858 and $14,412 for metal, $12,000 and $16,000 for wood and cedar, while slate roofs can set you back between $22,200 to $37,000.”
- Home Advisor offers similar prices, stating that “the average cost of repairs is $8,761, and can vary between $2,381 and $15,205 depending on the true extent of the damage.”
When your home’s been hit, take proactive steps to ensure it gets repaired quickly. The longer you leave it, the worst the damage will be over the years.
Active Roofing Exteriors has one mission: to provide the highest quality roofing in Calgary at competitive prices while satisfying our customers’ needs. We have established ourselves as Calgary’s go-to roofing contractors through our industry-setting levels of professionalism, integrity, and fairness. Offering roof replacement and repairs, siding repairs, installation and exterior renovations in Calgary is not just a job for us; it’s a matter of pride. You’ll experience workmanship that is well worth the value and will transform your property. Contact your trusted roofing company in Calgary at 403-717-0515.